January 12, 2023, 9:39AM EST
• 7 min read
Danksharding and EIP-4844
- Danksharding is Ethereum’s approach to sharding in accordance with its rollup-centric roadmap and will reduce rollup fees by an order of magnitude.
- There will be a new fee market with one block proposer responsible for transactions and data that go into a slot while proposer and builder roles will be separated.
- Due to the technical complexity of danksharding, an interim solution in EIP-4844 or proto-danksharding will be implemented beforehand.
- Proto-danksharding implements most of the logic required for danksharding but does not implement any actual sharding.
- Proto-danksharding introduces blobs and a new transaction type called blob-carrying transactions.