January 2, 2023, 9:42AM EST
• 5 min read
December by the numbers: A look at crypto exchange volumes, open interest, and miner revenue
- December was marked by the continued fallout from the collapse of FTX and Alameda Research in November.
- Total adjusted on-chain volume decreased by 44.6% to $144 billion.
- Adjusted on-chain volume of stablecoins decreased by 27.5% to $665.9 billion.
- A total of 49,117 Ethereum, equivalent to $60.7 million, was burned.
- Monthly volume of NFT marketplaces on Ethereum increased, by 5.2%, to $401 million.
- Centralized exchange spot trading volumes decreased by 46.9% to $357.5 billion.