January 4, 2023, 10:50AM EST
• 7 min read
Historical Overview of Crypto Mergers and Acquisitions
- This is a section adapted from The Block Research’s 2023 Digital Asset Outlook report.
- The industry has witnessed 742 M&A deals in crypto.
- 22% or 161 of total consolidations belong to the Infrastructure category.
- Among the most active firms in M&A, Coinbase and Animoca Brands led the race with 30 and 22 acquisitions, respectively.
- Coinbase acquisitions are more diversified, with a soft focus on Infrastructure and Trading/Brokerage. Animoca Brands’ deals are more concentrated in the NFTs/Gaming domain.