February 2, 2021, 10:22AM EST
• 7 min read
January by the numbers: A look at crypto exchange volumes, open interest, and miner revenue
- Several metrics recorded record numbers in January. In many cases, January alone accounted for about 40-50% of total 2020 volume.
- Total adjusted on-chain volume saw a very strong increase of 94.4% to a new all-time high of $528.8 billion in January.
- Adjusted on-chain volume of stablecoins increased by 73.1%, to a new all-time high of $308.7 billion in January.
- Centralized exchange spot trading volumes increased by 138.7%, to a new all-time high of $916.6 billion in January.
- Ethereum miners revenue increased by 123.3%, to a new all-time high of $829.6 million in January.