June 1, 2022, 10:01AM EDT
• 5 min read
May by the numbers: A look at crypto exchange volumes, open interest, and miner revenue
- Total adjusted on-chain volume decreased by 5.9%, to $782 billion.
- A total of 198,122 Ethereum, equivalent to $480 million, was burned.
- Monthly volume of NFT marketplaces on Ethereum decreased by 32.6% to $4.85 billion.
- Centralized exchange spot trading volumes increased strongly by 19.6% to $830.4 billion.
- FTX came in 2nd for the first time in CEX spot trading volume, ahead of Coinbase, with a share of 10.8%.
- Derivatives presented a mixed bag, with open interest declining for futures but increasing for options, and trading volumes up across the board.