November 15, 2022, 4:39PM EST
• 7 min read
On the User Experience of Cross-Chain Bridges
- Interoperability protocols are becoming more relevant for the continued development of increasingly fragmented blockchain ecosystems.
- While most existing bridges provide a straightforward approach towards bridging assets, they introduce trade-offs that most users are not privy to.
- For mass adoption, understanding these trade-offs would be sub-optimal, so the focus would be on creating a seamless user experience, as LiFi has done.
- However, LiFi aggregates bridging options instead of bridge liquidity, though the latter introduces various technical challenges.
- As interoperability protocols grow more robust, they ultimately face the possibility of breaking transactions’ atomicity, though this possibility may not eventually be entertained.