October 5, 2021, 2:51PM EDT
• 11 min read
Overview of Q3' 21 private funding of crypto companies
- During Q3, the industry received nearly $8 billion in private investment across 423 total deals
- In aggregate, venture capital firms have injected roughly $17.8 billion into crypto firms from the beginning of the year through the end of Q3, which equates to more capital than the previous six years combined
- A significant trend in Q3 was that the valuations of mid-sized companies conducting a Series B round in the crypto sector increased substantially
- The NFTs/Gaming vertical surpassed DeFi during Q3 to be the most popular deal type amongst investors
- Twelve of the fifteen largest deals to ever happen in the industry, or 80%, have occurred this year.