October 13, 2022, 1:29PM EDT
• 7 min read
State of Scaling Issue 8: State of ZK-Rollups
- In this bi-weekly series, we look into some of the most interesting data and developments across the Layer 2 blockchain landscape, from DeFi and bridges to network activity and funding.
- Zk-rollups are often viewed as the most performant and secure scaling solution for Ethereum, but there are nuances and challenges that still plague the development and adoption.
- zkSync’s 2.0 mainnet is coming at the end of October and will likely usher in a surge of mercenary capital that intends to Sybil applications on zkSync for a potential airdrop in the future.
- StarkNet’s Regenesis intends to improve the fee market for users, but there has been feedback that Regenesis will render some of the existing development work obsolete.
- There are also new zkEVM efforts, which appear to have a significant premium in their valuations as opposed to non-zkEVM efforts.