October 27, 2022, 3:49PM EDT
• 6 min read
State of Scaling Issue 9: Summary of zkSync 2.0
- In this bi-weekly series, we look into some of the most interesting data and developments across the Layer 2 blockchain landscape, from DeFi and bridges to network activity and funding.
- With days left before the mainnet launch of zkSync 2.0, there has been some scrutiny over some of the technical improvements that zkSync brings to the Ethereum ecosystem.
- The proof generation for zkSync is currently closed-sourced, which means that the sequencer for zkSync is centrally operated for now.
- In terms of adoption, zkSync has attracted a handful of applications that intend to deploy on the Solidity-friendly environment provided by zkSync 2.0’s zkEVM.
- zkSync has hinted at an eventual token, although the tokenomics, utility and distribution plan has yet to be communicated.